Tuesday, 23 April 2013

RICE PAPER ROLLS

I'm in pain today. I some how managed to position myself at the very front of my yoga class yesterday and there was no way I was going to let the warrior poses get the best of me - especially not with all those Mum's and office workers watching me. Needless to say I'm feeling a little sorry for myself today and nothing gets me out of a post workout funk quite like these rice paper rolls and watching Ryan Gosling/JT clips on YouTube, this never gets old.



Rice Paper Rolls

Rice paper sheets
Soaked vermicelli noodles - follow packet instructions
Tofu cut into strips and fried
Baby cos or spinach
Small bunch of sliced spring onions
Carrots finely sliced or 'julienned'
Cucumber cut into strips
Lime
Mint leaves
Fresh coriander leaves and stalks
Fresh chili



Once you have all the ingredients prepared you can start to assemble the rolls. Dip the rice paper sheets into boiled water and then place on to a clean damp tea towel. Place all the ingredients on the rice paper sheets and roll up tightly - the trick here is not to over fill them. Serve with satay sauce or nuoc cham.





Satay Sauce - enough for two people

5 Tbsp peanut butter
1 small clove garlic crushed
Small piece of ginger grated
1 - 2 Tbsp soy sauce
Like, 3 drops of sesame oil - it's really really strong
Juice of half a lime







This sauce takes about three minutes to make but it's really good! Put all the ingredients in a small pot on a low heat and stir to combine. Adjust flavour to your taste and add some water if it's too thick.





No comments:

Post a Comment